Securing financial resources to support research for ocean conservation and sustainable fisheries management will be a challenge for many countries in upcoming years.
Marine Policy‘s special edition on ‘Funding for ocean conservation and sustainable fisheries‘ aims to address funding for ocean conservation and sustainable fisheries from various angles. Nereus Program Fellow Robert Blasiak (Stockholm Resilience Centre) and Research Associate Colette Wabnitz (UBC) are the editors of this special issue. Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Regional and global trends in allocation of philanthropic funding and official development assistance (ODA) for ocean conservation and sustainable fisheries;
- Reconciling the priorities and objectives of donor and recipient countries;
- How different funding modalities influence project implementation and outcomes;
- Prospects for improved donor coordination in the oceans/fisheries sector;
- (Mis)matches between funding modalities and international commitments to ocean conservation and sustainable fisheries.
Interested parties should submit abstracts (~250 words) describing their intended research topic or question and how it relates to the special theme. Abstracts should be submitted no later than November 30, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.